COVID-19 Update - Effective 06/29/2020
We've spent our time apart preparing new policies and protocols so we can welcome you back as safely as possible. After getting the green light from our government and public health authorities, we will open for some walk-in services on Thursday July 2, 2020.
The following courses are available online:
COVID-19 Update - Effective 06/05/2020
Due to the current pandemic, OLDF has decided to run our learning summer camp via synchronous delivery as a virtual summer camp from June 29-August 7th, 2020 this year. Registration is now open, click here for details
The following current courses will run virtually (synchronous delivery) as well, click on the links for details
Lets be safe and take care of each other
COVID-19 Update - Effective 04/06/2020
Effective immediately, due to the social distancing requirements, OLDF office will be closed for walk-in and face to face meetings until further notice. We are however available via online and by phone for youth services - counselling and support!
COVID-19 Update - Effective 03/17/2020
Effective Wednesday, March 18, 2020, OLDF office will be closed for walk-in and face to face meetings until April 4, 2020.
COVID-19 Update - Effective 03/16/2020
OLDF offers a broad range of programs and services such as test invigilation and training for the general public. Our charity is responding to Coronavirus (COVID-19) across all of our programs. The health of our staff, volunteers, participants, and broader community members is our priority. We are following the advice of public health agencies and continue to pay close attention to their evolving updates. Our face to face trainings cancelled for the next 2 weeks and rescheduled as stated details below. We thank everyone for your patience and understanding as we all respond together to this extraordinary circumstances.
Following the advice of public health authorities, we have rescheduled our PHCD training scheduled for March 20thand reschedule it to April 4th, 2020.
If you are registered in a class, we will hold your spot for you. You will not need to re-apply or be placed on a waitlist to secure your spot in the programs again. We will send you our other dates, so you get the priority of available dates or provide refunds for the cancelled class.
Our centre remains open except we receive cancellation from your school. We are also increasing social distancing by using every second desk or every second computer station
All face to face meeting with volunteering and student placements have been suspended for the time being and moved to remote work when possible.
What we’re doing
· Monitoring the situation closely and adjusting program delivery, guided by public health authorities
· Cleaning and disinfecting shared surfaces regularly
· Posting information and emailing our community.
What you can do
· Stay home if you’re not feeling well
· Self isolate for 2 weeks if you have just arrived from travelling
· Wash your hands regularly with soap and water (or hand sanitizer if not available)
· Visit Health Canada for evolving information about risk factors (including travel to certain locations) and symptoms
· Call your local public health department or Telehealth Ontario at 1 (866) 797-0000 for direction if you have symptoms or current risk factors apply to you, or if you have questions
· Practice cough and sneeze hygiene
· Always wipe equipment down before & after use
· Practice social distancing
We appreciate how difficult this evolving situation is for our members, participants, staff and volunteers and thank you for your understanding and patience. We will continue to monitor and provide updates