The Babysitters Training Course is a specialized training course for anyone looking to care for young children and helps prevent injuries and promote the responsible management of everyday situations that may arise while children are under the care of babysitters. OLDF recommends that students of this course be at least 12 years old or turning 12 within the calendar year. The program enables the students to demonstrate their capabilities and maturity by completing the course under the instructor’s responsible direction. We recommend that the Babysitter Training Course be supplemented with First Aid and CPR training.
Students must attend all sessions and establish a passing grade of 70% on the final examination to receive their certificates.
- Becoming a successful babysitter
- Caring for children from three months to school-aged
- The behaviour and misbehaviour of children
- Handling Emergencies
- Caring for a sick or injured child
- Prevention and basic First Aid