Our High School Tutoring program provides comprehensive social and educational activities throughout the school year for students grades 8-12. Due to COVID-19, we are providing a virtual high school tutoring for free for academic supports.
An after-school High School Tutoring program would provide the necessary, safe space, tutoring, and support to inspire students to excel that includes, but is not limited to completing assignments and reading/literacy activities.
Due to COVID-19, we are currently running this homework club and high school tutoring virtually online.
At the end of the school year, the management team of OLDF, along with the tutors, will evaluate to assess the milestones, accomplishments, and areas of improvement for the High School Tutoring program to rerun it successfully for the following school year (2021-2022) and beyond.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
Our program is free and provides a space for high school students who need additional tutoring/mentoring support. Priority will be given to:
- Students who are falling behind in school and are at risk to repeat a grade
- Students who are referred by a teacher or school professional
- Students whose first language is other than English
- Students who face a lack of family/social support and are experiencing challenges at home
- Students who are unable to hire a tutor/mentor due to financial hardship
- Parents: Parents can fill out the application form below to sign up for their child. There are limited spaces per day, and the program fills up quickly, so please register promptly and ensure your child can attend regularly.
Registration opens each fall and goes through until the end of the school year.
School professionals: School teachers, counsellors, settlement workers, and other school professionals may refer students who require tutoring/mentoring support to this program. To refer a student, please fill out the referral form or contact us at email@example.com.