Are you living on a low income and need help filing your income taxes?

Do you need help with your tax return?  We host free virtual tax clinic through the   Community Volunteer Income Tax Program and you get your tax return prepared free!

OLDF Income Tax Clinic is a Community Volunteer Income Tax Program that provides the following services:

  • Preparation of simple income tax returns
  • Preparation of up to 10 years of back taxes
  • Preparation of T1 adjustments
  • Understanding Notice of Assessment
  • Responding to CRA Letters
  • Interest Relief Applications
  • Other tax-related matters

The income eligibility for OLDF’s income tax clinic services is:

  • One Person – up to $35,000
  • Two People – up to $45,000
  • Three People – up to $47,500
  • Four People – up to $50,000
  • Five People – up to $52,500
  • Six People – up to $55,000
  • For larger families, add $2,500 for each additional Person to determine the limit.

Please note that we are unable to prepare returns for individuals who:

  • Have passed away
  • Filed for bankruptcy in the past year
  • Have self-employment deductions to claim
  • Have rental or business income to report
  • Have capital gains or losses to report
  • Have an investment income of more than $1,000 per year

Learn More

Contact us at 416-628-3786 or e-mail to book your tax appointment. 



 You will need the following for your virtual appointment:

1. Social Insurance Number (SIN), and spouse’s SIN if you are married/common-law

If married/common-law, both you AND your spouse MUST attend the appointment if you both plan to file your tax return. We can only file tax returns for people who are not present if you have proof that you have Power of Attorney for the other person.

2. *Your income slips from all your income sources (e.g. T4 slip for employment, T5007 slip for OW or ODSP)

If you do not have these slips, you can call the CRA to request a new copy or login to CRA online to download a copy. The new copies will be sent out by mail within two weeks. The CRA can be reached at 1-800-959-8281.

If you rent your residence: you must bring a letter or receipt from your landlord that states:

  • Your name
  • The landlord’s name and contact information
  • The address of the place you are renting
  • The number of months you have lived at this address
  • The amount of rent you paid to the landlord during the year

****We cannot claim your rent amount in your tax return without this letter or receipt!****

If you own your own home, you must bring your property tax bill from the City of Toronto (or other municipality).

****We cannot claim your property tax in your tax return without this letter or receipt!**

New Immigrants

 If you were new to Canada in tax year, we are filing:

  • The exact date of arrival in Canada
  • The total amount of money that you earned in the previous year before you arrived in Canada

If you have children in your custody:

  • Names and dates of birth for any children under age 19
  • Receipts for childcare expenses (must include caregiver’s SIN)
  • RC-62 information slip if receive the Universal Child Care Benefit, receipts for any children’s fitness or art classes


 If you are a Student (post-secondary):

  • Receipt for tuition fees (T2202A form – usually accessed through your online student account)
  • If you received OSAP loans, this does not count as income and does not need to be claimed in the tax return
  • If you have started repaying any OSAP loans, bring your interest slip (receipt showing how much you paid).

Other Deductions Claim

If you have any deductions to claim:

  • Transit/TTC passes (must bring in actual passes or PRESTO Usage Report).
  • Medical expense receipts.
  • Charitable or political donation receipts.

There may be other documents that you need to bring to your appointment. For a complete list and guidance on obtaining any missing paperwork, contact us for personal assistance.